Sunday 27 November 2022

Advent 2022 - Fast Tracking #1

Today's Challenge: Fast from... one meal of your choosing out of your normal daily routine.

As today is Advent Sunday, today is the first day of my 'Fast from...' challenges even though there isn't a window to open on my Advent Calendar yet because it's still November and Advent calendars don't kick in until 1st December. 

This is probably the easiest of my assorted Advent challenges because it is so simple and doesn't interfere with the rest of life, or affect the rest of the day's eating or cooking plans. Although I am not big on skipping meals - I prefer to eat little and often - it's perfectly manageable, although I'm glad not to be doing it every day. 

When this challenge pops up over the next few weeks I've chosen to skip either breakfast or lunch - not teatime, which is a sacrosanct pause in the day for me, or supper which is usually my main meal of the day. Skipping that would affect my ability to sleep which isn't very good anyway and I certainly don't sleep well on an empty stomach. So it's either breakfast or lunch. Today, it's lunch partly because it's Sunday and we tend to have breakfast later on a Sunday anyway so it won't be such a long gap between meals as on a weekday. 

If one is skipping a meal then it's important to drink plenty to avoid dehydration but otherwise this challenge involves the least effort and accommodates busier schedules more easily than some of the others. 

If I find circumstances dictate that I won't be able to complete one of the other challenges on any particular day, I shall feel free to substitute this one as a kind of back-up. You never quite know what you may find yourself involved with at this time of year and it isn't meant to be in the spirit of the thing to find oneself in the position of entertaining unexpectedly and imposing a strict vegan or otherwise restricted menu on unsuspecting guests for supper, for example!

Happy Advent!

E x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me at Mrs TT's and comment. I love to read what you write.